Sharing my experiences of long distance hiking, the highs, the lows and why I walk is both rewarding and exhilarating for me. I have been described as having a ‘storytelling quality’ to my approach and have experience of speaking in front of a multitude of small and large audiences and of differing age ranges. Following the presentation which can be as short as ten minutes, many questions are often raised, such as: “what do you eat?”, “how do you decide what to carry for six weeks away?”, “where do you sleep?”, “why do you go alone?”, “have you ever been scared?” Time is allocated for dialogue around these topics following every event.
Humorous anecdotes of personal encounters are woven into messages of resilience, self-belief and a have-a-go attitude, which will leave listeners returning home with a feeling of ‘perhaps I can’, instead of ‘I never could’.
Customising my delivery to the age group of the audience, whether online or face-to-face is a speciality and I would be happy to discuss any specific requirements you may have.
Speaking and Appearances:
- August 4th – Cicerone Live – online event
- July 28th – YesStories Online – The Biggest Book of Yes Special
- July 27th – Woman magazine feature (solo walking)
- July 8th – She’s Totally Awesome podcast with Mary Black
- June 5th – Innate Wellness Chiropractic Ltd: interviewed for the Achiever on the Make series on YouTube (watch clip here or click on the image)
- May 5th – Live Laugh Love Ladies Club speaking via Zoom
- February 10th – YesStories evening of adventure tales, The Pheasant Inn, Salisbury
- January – Woman&Home feature (solo walking)
- December 10th/11th/12th – whole school presentations, Corfe Hills School
- August 29th – Tough Girl Podcast Extra
You can listen here:
- March 24th – video podcast, Successful Women in Business (as a 2018 winner)
- February 12th – Year 8 assembly, Parkstone Grammar School
- June 19th – Year 12 presentation, Parkstone Grammar School
- May 11th – Successful Women in Business Awards, Weymouth (winner of the Teaching Award 2018)
- November 7th – Tough Girl Podcast
You can listen here:
- November 1st – Bournemouth Tangent Ladies Club, Hermitage Hotel
- March 21st – Year 12 presentation, Parkstone Grammar School
- August 4th 2019 – Sarah Williams, founder of the Tough Girl Podcast authors her new book Tough Girl Top Tips – Life Lessons from the Tough Girl Podcast. In it she chooses from a selection of the many women she has interviewed, with a chapter dedicated to each.
- June 6th 2019 – Travelling Lines Blog (Emily Woodhouse) – listed in the post: Where to Find 100 Solo Female Walkers
- 2019 – The Successful Women in Business Magazine – issue 1, page 38
- September 14th 2018 – Tough Girl Blog (Sarah Williams): How to Pursue Your Decades Old Dream Adventure with Zoe Langley-Wathen
- July/August 2012 – First woman to walk the Wales Coast Path featuring in the WCP Hall of Fame